Makey Makey Conductive Doll/Toy
Make a Interactive Toy or Doll using craft materials and a Makey Makey.
Step 1: Explore Dolle 1.0 by Shanda McCloskey
1. Compare toys today with toys from the past.
2. Read Dolle 1.0 by Shanda McCloskey talk about how Charlotte changed her toy to suit her needs.
3. Storyboard the text
4. Introduce Makey Makey
Step 2: Explore Circuits & Conductive Materials
1. Explore what is a circuit: closed or open
2. Explore what are conductive materials. Set different Makey Makey up around the room. In the center of the space place a pile of conductive materials. Students are to test different materials and sort those into conductive ones and non-conductive ones.
3. Whole class the participates in a shared conversation about similarities and differences between the materials and explores why some were conductive and why some were not conductive.
Step 3: Students Put Together Makey Makey and Play With a Circuit
Modeled/Guided instructions on connecting Makey Makey
Step 4: Design and Produce a Toy for a Friend
Students will make a toy for a friend using the Design Thinking process.
1. Students will start by interviewing their friend about their Toy requirements
2. Students will then design and label the toy
3. Students will make a prototype out of playdough
4. Finally, students will make the toy out of everyday craft materials.